Canyon Springs Final Hearing expected this summer! Last opportunity for concerned citizens to comment on this 185+ unit housing development. Click on Cyn Springs = SPRAWL ad for more info: Continue reading “Canyon Springs Final Hearing”
The Final EIR will be released soon! We have only ONE CHANCE to comment publicly before the Planning Commission votes! Please join our CALL TO ACTION – click on below links.
FINAL HEARING COMING SOON The Recirculated Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) comment period closed November 20, 2014. The original Draft EIR comment period closed March 6, 2013. There were many amazing comment letters submitted by community members and agencies! The Final EIR is now being prepared with the release of the Final Environmental Impact Report expected any time now. Within a few days of the FEIR release, the Final Hearing will be held at the Town of Truckee Planning Commission. THE FINAL HEARING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT TIME FOR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT! Please attend the 3/7/15 Update/Action Meeting, 10 am, Glenshire Clubhouse.
- Donate to help cover experts, legal consul and other necessary costs in our efforts toward responsible growth and open space preservation
- Write a letter to the local newspapers, letting the public know how you feel and expanding awareness about this project
- Attend the Final EIR Hearing at the Town of Truckee (filling Town Hall is Important). The SOSG website will keep you updated on the timeline
The Town of Truckee has announced the Canyon Springs recirculation scheduled for 9/29/2014 for Transportation/Traffic, Biological Resources, Project Alternatives. SOSG will hold a community meeting soon – stay tuned!
The Town of Truckee and DC&E Planning Center are still working on the revised Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) chapters for Biological Resources and Traffic/Circulation for the proposed high density housing development in the eastern edge of Truckee. Once the revised chapters are released there will be a 45 day comment period for the public and concerned agencies to comment on the new information. The release date for the revised chapters is unknown. We would like to urge the community to write the Planning Commissioners or Town Council Members regarding this project. Public comment can be sent in at any point in the planning process regarding concerns or potential impacts related to the proposed project. For more information regarding the Canyon Springs project contact Senior Planner Denyelle Nishimori at the Town of Truckee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanks to everyone who submitted comments on the DEIR, this public response was unprecedented – a great start toward a responsible and environmentally conscious land use outcome!
- While waiting to hear from the Town about the next steps for the EIR, we must ramp up efforts & fund raising NOW in order to be proactive and not reactive to the possible outcomes:
- Commenting process if DEIR is revised
- An appeal process if project is approved
- Open space preservation
Significant time and funds would be needed for all scenarios. Legal consul, experts and community involvements are all vital in our efforts.
- Donate/Volunteer – www.sosglenshire.org
- SOSG continues to monitor deer/wildlife in the area. Please report your sightings on our website.
Happy Holidays, SOS Glenshire